Sunday, January 23, 2011

Curiouser and Curiouser


I have been obsessed with Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass" for a very long time. Something about being able to escape into another world intrigues me. Especially because that is how I view books in general, an escape from reality. And beyond that, something about Alice appeals to me fashion wise as well. I have been known to use Alice and the rest of Wonderland as inspiration, especially Disney's Alice In Wonderland. There is also the whimsical quality about the story, which is why the world is finally catching on to my obsession. Finally, it is more attainable. Although there is some awful adaptions (ahem Tim Burton's version ahem) Alice will continue to be an inspiration for me, fashion and otherwise. 

"So she sat on, with closed eyes,
and half believed herself in wonderland,
though she knew she had but to open them again, and all would change to dull reality." 
- Alice's Adventures In Wonderland.
























No comments:

Post a Comment